Thursday, February 10, 2011

"My favorite thing is to go where I've never been" -Diane Arbus

Over the last two weeks I have been snowed in and bored as can be.  This can only mean one thing: vacation planning.  I have been lusting over a few of these places in the last few weeks and did a little research just to see if they were even possible.  I would love to go somewhere totally different, but the lure of Europe always draws me in.  Anyone have any advice on these places? 

Japan
This is the crazy one.  It is so far away and so completely different!  Also, I have heard that it is super expensive.  Honestly, I don't know if we could afford a trip to Japan.  But, man, what an adventure!  Just to see some of the gardens and the crazy cities would be amazing and a trip of  a lifetime. 




So beautiful!  Right?  I will say, that flights are not as expensive as I thought.  A little more than $1200.  This is about the same as a flight to Europe in July.  Interesting, huh?


Argentina/Brazil
I have been talking about Buenos Aires for a while, but I love the idea of going somewhere totally different.  My only concern is the weather.  It is going to be winter in our summer, and I would love to visit a place when it is the best.  I think it gets fairly cold?

Oh Brazil.  The beaches, the weather, the beautiful people. What is not to love?  Also, Rio is hosting the Olympics, so it would be amazing to see the city during a big renovation.  But once again, the weather is a concern. 

Australia
Do you watch Oprah?  Then you saw her Australian adventure. 
And didn't it make you want to visit Australia?  Travis has a crush on Australia and has wanted to go there for a long time.  But once again, the weather is  problem.  We want to go on a trip this summer, and it will be winter in Australia in July.  I wonder if the weather is really that cold?  Also, flight prices are pretty expensive.  And it is a super long flight. 



Brussels
This is the European country that I would like to visit.  It looks so beautiful! 
Also, they have chocolate!

And beer!

It is a really close call.  Now, keep in mind that this is all a dream.  Money is an issue and could determine whether or not we take a big trip or not.  If only I had won the lottery a few weeks ago...

2 comments:

  1. talk to blakey about japan! he spent a month in kyoto for a medical school "rotation". he & his friends loved it! they actually never went to tokyo - heard it was just a big city...seen one, seen them all. but they did see & do tons of things around kyoto. if you don't mind being in an airplane for a really, really long time, he says it is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i was going to tell you about blake's kyoto trip but kendall beat me to it! check out his blog at kyotolivin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete