Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Sweet Life




Il dolce far niente...

In Italian, this means the sweetness of doing nothing.  Such a beautiful phrase.  I love the idea that doing nothing is in fact doing something, and that it is considered beautiful by Italians.  This is what I love most about Italy, this phrase.  But alas, I am a teacher and my days of "doing nothing" (a.k.a summer) will be over as of Thursday.  So, these posts will be a little less frequent because I will be busy with my day job.  But, I am going to try my best to update as often as possible.  I still have stories to tell about  Italy as well as other cities I have visited so stay tuned!  But today, take some time to do nothing, and enjoy every second of it!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog Shannon, I build sick websites, we should chat about really getting you dialed in on a more robust and dedicated solution. This works great for you now, im sure. On the other hand there are muck better tools using Wordpress and a Custom Domain Name.

    Hope all is well, Il dolce far niente... is my favorite thing to do.

    Cheers,
    justin k

    ReplyDelete