Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cry For Help.


I am going to start this post with a few clips that I think show New York in its best light.  The first is from the movie You've Got Mail.  The second is Jay-Z's video for "Empire State of Mind".  I realize that these clips are completely opposite, but I like them.  And they get me excited for my trip to New York City in a few weeks. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2ACWi-Jm-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UjsXo9l6I8

While I am there, I plan on doing a few things that I have never done before.

1.  Take the cruise around the harbor.  Hopefully this will be my awesome view of the city.  


2.  Walk/ride through Central Park in the fall.  I am looking forward to bright foliage.  (P.S. I think this last comment really ages me.  I know that I am 27, but my #2 thing to do in NYC is look at fall foliage.  I think this is a cry for help). 


3.   Eat at good restaurants and go to some cool bars.  (I think this makes up for #2). 


Okay, so #3 is a call for assistance.  For all of you New Yorkers, where should I eat?  Where should I drink?  I like a good dark bar that has comfy seating and delicious beer.  Nothing too snazzy or club-like.  Something neighborhoody.  PLEASE, tell me where to go!  I would love your suggestions! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment