Wednesday, September 15, 2010

OU Football. Enough Said.




OU football is an event in Norman.  If you have never attended a game in Norman, I'm not sure if this post will be as fun for you as it is for Sooner fans.

This past weekend was the second game of the season against Florida State.  After a kind of weak performance against Utah State, Sooner fans were ready to crush the Seminoles.   It was an afternoon game, which really meant that Saturday was ENTIRELY devoted to football at the Pawley household.  When you live around campus, the party starts early.  Like 9:00 a.m. early.  Trust me.  There are people outside drinking beer this early on gamedays.  And ESPN Gameday starts at that time, so of course it was on every television in the house.  

The great thing about football season is not just the games but also tailgating.  A longtime friend David Proctor and the law firm he works for hosts a tailgate that is worthy of mention.  The GPHG tailgate offers food, fun, and some mighty fine bar tending.   I want to give a shout out because they have hosted our gameday festivities for the past few years and I appreciate it.  The food is always good and the beer is always cold.  The last two games have been extremely fun, and we were able to see so many old and new friends from college and beyond.  Thanks GPHG!




OU football also means that we get to see our friends that live elsewhere and in town more often.  Our friends Andrew and Jill who live in Dallas come up to Norman for almost every home game and stay at our house.


I like this picture.  it shows our dedication.

I also got to see my sister and her husband who live in Dallas.

 

I also got to see my friends Kyle and Holly who also live in Dallas.  (Wow, I know a lot of people who live in Dallas).  Holly and I were lucky enough to snag a picture with Boomer.  Or Sooner...I'm not sure which one is which.  

We also got to see our great friends who live right here in OKC and Norman, which is always a good time. 


The game was incredible, and we ended up beating Florida State 47-17.  Boo ya.




 I'm looking forward to a great season!  Boomer!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this post gets me very excited for next week's game against Air Force! It will be my first gameday this season!!!!!!!! So pumped!

    Amelia

    ReplyDelete